Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

TWIS #15

This week in science my group The Monsters did the Marshmallow challenge for the third time this school year.  This time it was a bit different.  Our materials were 20 dry spaghetti straws, a paper bag,  a roll of tape, one marshmallow and post its. We used the post its to communicate with each other. The challenge was to not communicate verbally. At first it was kind of exciting but I thought it would have been difficult. The second day this week in science we went to the rooftop of our school to record our This year in science video. The video was to inform our 10th grade teacher about our selfs and what we learned this year in science.

This is a graph of our class progress. my group and I were The Monsters.



This is my groups tower



 this is a picture of us working on the tower

This week in science I  learned how to communicate non verbally with my group members. In the beginning of the school year our teams spaghetti structure fell. We didn't work well together since we just met each other. We were all shy so we lacked in communication skills. The second time we did much better. Yesterday we did even better than both times( as you can see in the diagram above) although we couldn't speak to each other we write on the post its to each other on how it would be better to hold up the tower. I like working in groups with people I know are determine as I am in getting a good grade. In the beginning of the year it was a bit difficult working in groups because we just met. We taped about five spaghetti straws together and folded the paper bag , we insert the taped spaghetti in the center of the folder paper bag and  placed it in-between our desk to hold it up. We worked very well together this third time.

No comments:

Post a Comment